Unless otherwise specified, the content of all pages of this website is owned by or licensed to Clarity Language Consultants Ltd. If you would like to reproduce any material on this site, please contact us.
IELTSpractice is delivered as an online interactive resource. Delivery of IELTSpractice comprises a confirmation email sent to the address provided by the user as part of the purchase process. There is no physical delivery.
External links and resources
Except as specifically stated on this website, to the fullest extent permitted by law, neither Clarity Language Consultants Ltd. nor any of its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or the information, content, materials or products included on this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (but not limited to) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Payment method and security policy
For all online orders, you are required to make payment online. The online transaction processing is provided by PayDollar using the highest commercially available encryption technology - Extended Validation 256-bit SSL encryption. All confidential information is encrypted before it is transmitted, to protect the data from being read and interpreted. 3-D Secure authentication is also supported by Verified by VISA and MasterCard SecureCode. Please contact our support team for more details.
We accept these payment methods:
Payment gateway powered by:
Product and service information
For details of Clarity's products and services, please contact us.
The customer may cancel their subscription to IELTSpractice for a full refund, provided notification of the request to cancel is received by Clarity within ONE hour of the set of the account. Customers are encouraged to check that the services match their requirements immediately in account setup confirmation.
Statement of privacy
Clarity Language Consultants Ltd. is committed to protecting the privacy of those using our website. Any personal information provided by you is used only to help us provide a better service to you and for us to identify your needs and requirements. We do not pass any personal information to third parties, except to Clarity's partners in your country to provide a product or to enhance our service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.)
In this Agreement 'Clarity' or 'our' means Clarity Language Consultants Limited and 'you' and 'your' means the person who has agreed to access and pay for IELTSpractice.com online services on these terms and conditions.
2. Description of the Online Services and applicability of this Agreement
The ‘Online Services’ are the components which taken as a whole comprise the product Road to IELTS and other supporting products available at IELTSpractice.com. These are the terms and conditions on which Clarity provides the Online Services and which apply to your use of any of the Online Services from time to time.
3. Email notices
Email forms an integral part of the Online Services. You agree that Clarity may notify you of updates to the Online Services and changes to these terms and conditions or provide any other information or notices pertaining to the Online Services to you or your users by email to the address(es) provided by you in the course of ordering the Online Services or in the course of creating login accounts.
4. Description of licences and provision of the Online Services
- Clarity will send you a licence confirmation email stating the the exact nature and duration of the licence to which you have subscribed.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that no person other than the named user uses a named user account to access the relevant components.
- Clarity hereby grants to you a non-exclusive non-transferable licence to access and use the Online Services via IELTSpractice.com on the terms of this Agreement. Subject to clauses 17 and 18 and the other terms and conditions of this Agreement, Clarity shall, throughout the relevant licence period, use reasonable endeavours to:
- ensure the normal operation of the Licensed Components of the Online Services substantially in accordance with the feature and functionality description of the components on the Clarity websites, and
- facilitate your access to the Licensed Components of the Online Services in accordance with the licence granted to you.
5. Acceptance of terms
Clarity reserves the right, but is under no obligation, to update and modify the content or operation of the Online Services from time to time and any such changes will be posted on the Clarity website or notified to you by email at Clarity's option. By continuing to use the Licensed Components after any such modification and notification you are deemed to agree to the modifications.
6. Obligations on registering
By registering for any Clarity Online Service, you warrant that:
- you are a a natural person of legal age to enter into a binding contract,
- you are providing true, accurate and complete information about yourself on the registration form, and
- you will keep your registration information properly updated.
8. Security of your account
Access to your login account is by username and password.
You are fully responsible for any activities that take place under your account. You agree to protect the secrecy of your password and to ensure proper log off is performed at the end of each session.
You agree not to use any component of the Online Services to post material that is illegal, obscene, libellous, blasphemous or in any way offensive, indecent or objectionable. You agree that Clarity has the sole right to determine whether material is offensive, indecent or objectionable. You further agree to comply with copyright and other intellectual property laws, and not to post material that violates such rights of any third party. You agree not to post materials that intentionally or unintentionally violate the laws of any country.
10. Non-commercial use
You agree that you will use the Online Services exclusively for educational purposes and that you will make no charge for use of any component to any other party.
11. No assignment
Your rights to use the Online Services are personal to you. You may not sell, lease, sub-license or assign your licence to use the Online Services to any third party without written permission from Clarity. Any attempt to do so constitutes a breach of this provision and the purported sale, lease or assignment shall be void.
12. Intellectual property rights
- Copyright in all components of the Online Services, except those components licensed from third parties, vests exclusively in Clarity or the British Council. For the avoidance of doubt nothing in this Agreement should be construed as transferring any intellectual property rights in any software and/or data or other work other than the licence to use the software and/or data as described in this Agreement from Clarity or the British Council or any third party licensor to you.
- You agree not to copy or reverse engineer any Clarity software, not to attempt to access the source code or modify or attempt to modify any part of the Online Services in any way. You further agree not use the content, software or data forming any part of the Online Services to create a derivative work, not to copy the data by taking screenshots, rewriting or in any other way and not to attempt to run the Online Services data through other applications.
- You may save in soft copy and print off in hard copy any legible content of any of the online services for your personal use. All other copying and printing including but not restricted to photocopying is prohibited.
The Online Services may include links to third party websites. Using an external hypertext link means that you are leaving the Online Services and Clarity takes no responsibility for and gives no warranties, guarantees or representations in respect of linked sites. Clarity does not guarantee the continued availability of these sites or of their content for any period of time.
- Clarity may terminate your use of any of the Licensed Components of the Online Services and close all login accounts created by you immediately, without notice and without compensation in the following circumstances:
- should you be in material breach of this Agreement and have failed to remedy such breach within 7 days of receipt of notice in writing from Clarity specifying the breach and requiring its remedy,
- should you request that your account be closed, or
- should you have a subscription account which you have failed to renew.
- Clarity may at its convenience and without any need to have any reason to do so terminate your use of any of the Licensed Components of the Online Services and close all login accounts created by you by giving not less than 30 days' notice. If Clarity exercises the right to do so Clarity shall make a pro rata repayment to you of the fees paid by you in respect of the Licensed Components in respect of the unelapsed portion of the relevant licence period.
You agree to indemnify Clarity against all liability, costs and expenses in respect of any claim made by a third party, including any governmental authority arising out of content posted in any component of the Online Services by you or any person using any login account relating to you using the Online Services.
The Online Services are supplied 'as is'. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, no warranty whatever is made by Clarity that the Online Services will be uninterrupted, error-free, that they will meet your requirements, that they are of any particular quality, that they will achieve any particular result or that any errors found will be corrected. Access may be temporarily suspended, hindered or restricted at any time without notice to you.
You agree that no communications received from Clarity will create any warranty not expressly included in this Agreement.
Clarity is under no duty to update any statements or information in the Online Services and, therefore, such statements or information should not be relied upon as being current as of the date you access them. Materials available in the Online Services may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Clarity does not warrant that the Online Services are free from viruses or other unintended content or anything which may have a harmful or undesirable effect on any technology or property.
17. Limitation of liability
Due to the nature of the electronic transmission of data over the Internet and the number of users who may access the Online Services at any time, you agree that Clarity shall have no liability whatever and however arising for any loss or damage (even if Clarity has been advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage) arising from your inability to access the Online Services at any time or from any use of the Online Services.
Clarity shall have no liability whatever and however arising for any loss or damage that may result from the transmission of any such material from the Clarity websites or via any files which are available for you to download from the Clarity websites.
To the extent permitted by law, you agree that Clarity shall have no liability whatever and however arising for:
- any loss of data,
- any loss of profit, revenue, goodwill, opportunity, business or anticipated savings, or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind, in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, liability for any negligent act or omission) or otherwise (even if Clarity has been advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage) arising directly or indirectly from:
- anything done or omitted to be done wholly or partly in reliance upon any part of the content of the Online Services,
- the use of any data or materials in the Online Services or unauthorised access to this Online Services, or
- any breach by Clarity of this Agreement or any negligence in connection with the Online Services.
Clarity is not responsible for any breach of this Agreement caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
Clarity's total aggregate liability to you of whatever kind and however arising in connection with:
- the performance, non performance or misperformance of this Agreement, or
- the Online Services, or
- any innocent or negligent act, omission or statement relating to (i) or (ii)
in respect of all causes of action arising in any 3 month period shall be limited to the fees paid by you to Clarity in those 3 months.
Nothing in this Agreement excludes or limits Clarity's liability for fraud or personal injury or death in connection with this Agreement or the Online Services.
- You agree that Clarity is under no obligation to create updates or, where created, to make them available.
- You agree that Clarity is free to make use of any suggestion for improvement of service you make without any obligation to remunerate or compensate you.
- You accept that, while this is not a current policy, Clarity may choose to display advertisements on any part of the Clarity website or on any other Clarity website.
- You accept that use of the Online Services involves setting session variables and using the flash player's local memory on the computer used to access the Online Services.
- This Agreement together with the content of the ordering mechanism via which you purchased access to one or more of the Online Services and the licence confirmation letter sent to you by Clarity constitutes the whole agreement between you and Clarity in relation to its subject matter.
- The clause headings are inserted for convenience only and shall be ignored in construing this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall be governed by Hong Kong law. You and Clarity submit to the jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts in respect of any dispute, difference or matter relating to this Agreement or the Online Services.
- Where these terms of service are translated in another language and there is any conflict between that version and the English language version, the English language version shall prevail.
- The failure of Clarity to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of this Agreement remain in full force and effect.